5th Annual Baby Steps 5K (Fun Run/Walk)
2017 Baby Steps 5K Fun Run/Walk
- Saturday, September 9, 2017
- Walkers and Runners will follow the same course.
- The track at St. Mary's Ryken will also be available for walkers who would prefer to walk labs on a flat surface.
- 9 AM Opening remarks and the race begins.
- The course of the 5K begins at St. Mary's Ryken High School and travels down to the Leonardtown Wharf and then back to the High School.
- Other activities will include a Diaper Dash (race for little ones), children's activities, grilled hot dogs and hamburgers (additional fees may apply) and other family oriented activities.
- All activities will conclude by 12 noon.
It’s easy—anyone can do it! Fun for the whole family.
The 5th Annual Baby Steps 5K Fun Run/Walk is a simple way for people of all ages to actively demonstrate support the Sanctity of Human Life and a desire to make a difference in the lives of the men, women, and babies of our community. You can participate in our 5K Timed Race, walk the 5K, walk the track, register the little ones for the Diaper Dash, or sponsor friends and come to cheer them on and enjoy the family activities. However you decide to participate, the effects will last a lifetime because you will be directly supporting the ministry of the Care Net Pregnancy Center of Southern Maryland to advance its mission to help, support, and serve the men, women, and babies of this community with the love of Christ.
Frequently Asked Questions
The funds raised from the 5th Annual Baby Steps 5K will help us continue to offer FREE:
- Pregnancy Tests and Counseling/Support Groups/Referrals for Community Services
- Maternity and Baby Clothes
- Post Abortion peer counseling and Bible Study
- Parenting Classes (Mom2Mom & Dad2Dad)/Prenatal Care/Baby Care
- STD Testing
- Limited Diagnostic Ultrasounds
- Abortion Alternatives
- Formula, diapers, and baby equipment
Don't miss all this fun!
Sponsorship of this event is available for business and churches. Please call 301-737-4604 to learn more.
To register as a walker or runner, click on the Register/Sponsor link below.
In order to register, a FundEasy fundraising page must be created.
You can use your FundEasy page to raise funds, invite friends to participate, or
not use it at all. While most walkers raise funds, runners are participating for the
event and run time.
Note: Download the forms below if you would like to fill out the Registration Form and Waiver and mail it in. Please print the Sponsor Form to keep track of your donations as you receive them.
(The Sponsor Form will be turned in on the day of the Walk with your donations.)
Click here for Downloadable Content »